A social media manager is the individual in an organization trusted with monitoring, contributing to, filtering, measuring and otherwise guiding the social media presence of a brand, product, individual or corporation. The role is similar to that of a community manager on a website forum or public relations representative.
The more common platforms for social media include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, blogs, video/podcasting, customer reviews, social bookmarking sites such as Digg, messageboards and forums, and the list goes on.
Social media has become a part of the fabric of everyday life!
Did you know? If Facebook Were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the
world! Social media is the most Cost-Effective way to get started marketing online!
To better illustrate the role of a social media manager I’ll compare it to the role of a party planner.
The party planner’s job is to:
* Ensure everyone on the guest lis is invited. (making sure your message gets to all your prospects and people who would be genuinely interested)
* Get the important information out. (provide timely updates to your audience)
* Support the Host in Making Choices. (keeping you up to date on new techniques and developments in the social media world.)
*Coordinate Logistics on Behalf of Host. (dealing with all the behind the scenes work of updating profiles and posting updates/creating ads)
OVERALL the role of the social media manager and the party planner is to facilitate the party going/social media marketing smoothly so the host can RELAX & CONNECT with their guests!
The social media manager‘s main goal is to be invisible & make YOU, the Hosts, LOOK GOOD!!
If you don’t have a start in the social media world yet the manager’s role would consist of
• Set Up Your Website & Blog
• Set Up Your Social Media Accounts!
• Reputation Management
• Keep Profiles Freshly Updated
• The Customer Service Front Line of Defense
• Distribute Content for Maximum Visibility
• Build an active following
• Be the Digital Translator
If you’re ready to get started or need more info feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.